Information to apply for an unrestricted bachelor degree program

Admission for all unrestricted bachelor programs is currently open. The deadline to apply for an unrestricted program is July 15, 2020, through Uni Assist.

Admission for unrestricted bachelor programs is only possible for the winter semester of each year.

Enrolment through the TH OWL Online Portal is only for German applicants, citizens of a member state of the European Union, and for foreign and stateless applicants who have acquired the German university entrance qualification (HZB).

Application process

European Union Applicants

Applicants from a member state of the European Union, the path to studying begins with enrolment via the TH OWL ONLINE portal. The requirement is that you have a school leaving certificate, which entitles you to study at a university in your home country.

Please refer to the confirmation of study place (which you will receive by email) to find out which certificates / evidence you have to submit by August 15th, 2020.

However, please note that you must provide a certified copy of the official translation of the higher education entrance qualification if the certificate is not in German. The same applies to internship certificates. These must also be submitted in German.

To check if your school education meets the requirements for applying to a German university, visit the following third party sites:

Non-European Union Applicants

Applicants from non-EU countries who

  • have not obtained their university entrance qualification (Abitur, baccalaureate, diploma, etc.) or their first university degree (Bachelor) in Germany,
  • have completed a T-Kurs at a studienkolleg in Germany, or
  • have not acquired a secondary school leaving certificate issued by a German school abroad 

have to apply through Uni Assist. The deadline to apply for an unrestricted study program is July 15th, 2020.

The following documents have to be submitted to Uni Assist 

  1. Secondary school certificate in the original language as a notified copy,
  2. notified translation of the above document in either German or English,
  3. transcript of records, if not already part of the certificate (also translated into German or English),
  4. if obtained: notified certificate of the acquired Feststellungsprüfung from a German Studienkolleg,
  5. if available: notified proof of previous studies at a university in your home country including German or English translation,
  6. proof of sufficient German language proficiency as follows:
  • B1 certificate at the time of application for most bachlor degree programs. 
    For enrolment one of the following B2-certificates is required: Telc B2, B2 Goethe, TestDAF - 14 Pts., or DSH-1
  • B2 certificate at time of application for the following programs: Betriebswirtschaftslehre, International Logistics, Digitalisierungsingenieurwesen, Holztechnik, Innovative Produktionssysteme und Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
    For enrolment one of the following C1-certificates is required: Telc C1 Hochschule, C1 Goethe, TestDAF - 16 Pts., or DSH-2 

If you have any questions, please contact the International Office of TH OWL