- –About us+
- –Organs and Committees+
- Administrative Department I
- Administrative Department II
- Administrative Department III
- Administrative Department IV
- Dezernat V
- Student Administration
- –Campus Life+
- Road Maps
- Contact Persons
- Career-Service / Alumni-Management / Studienmethodik
- Communications and Marketing
- Tag der offenen Tür
- Wohnen in OWL
Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences's goal is to tackle complex problems and global challenges and work to ensure that knowledge and innovations benefit society. We provide education and research in engineering, economics and management, life science technologies, design and construction. Almost 6,700 students, 174 professors and 527 employees are based at our campuses in Lemgo, Detmold, and Höxter.
Each campus is characterized by its courses of study:
- Lemgo is home to the classic engineering disciplines, supplemented by one-of-a-kind courses such as Media Production, Wood Technology and Food Technology.
- Detmold focuses on disciplines involving construction and design.
- Höxter has made a name for itself as a campus dedicated to ecological aspects in engineering.
Study programs at Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences prepare students for the world of work from the word go. Practice orientation is the hallmark of studying at universities of applied sciences. At Ostwestfalen-Lippe University, scientific knowledge and methods are conveyed and applied in the numerous well equipped labs and institutes. Thanks to our close cooperation with industry, it is commonplace for our students to carry out work placements and prepare theses in companies. Studies are rounded off by practical semesters.
In the field of research and technology OWL UAS has two main profile areas: life science technology and industrial IT. The Institute Industrial IT (inIT) carries out research in the field of industrial informatics and industrial automation for cyber-physical systems. The InIT is located in a science to business center (Centrum Industrial IT) on the Innovation Campus Lemgo, where more than 200 engineers from companies and research institutes are working in the field of industrial IT.
The university’s excellent contact to the local industry and businesses is the basis for innovative study programs and successful research collaborations. Thanks to the excellent education of our graduates and the close cooperation, Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences has become an essential and indispensable part of the economic region.
Facts and figures
- Students: 6,600
- Professors: 171
- Teaching and administrative staff: over 520
- Trainees: 57
- Budget in 2015: € 36 M, Third-Party Funds: € 10 M