The Detmolder School for Architecture and Interior Architecture distinguishes itself by its rich variety, arising from the three courses of study in interior architecture, architecture, and urban planning.
In the fields of art and technology, theory and craft practice, and rational planning and creative experimentation, there is a lot to discover in such an extremely wide spectrum. Each building of a town reflects these tensions and has its own character; discovering this town provides an experience and an atmosphere of these buildings. In this we see the quality of a living education for architecture.
The study of architecture, interior architecture, and urban planning in Detmold consists of the following aspects:
- advanced analysis of liveable space – interior and exterior space, buildings, public squares, urban and rural landscapes
- the interdisciplinary interaction of architecture, interior design, media production, and civil engineering
- an international network with university partnerships in Brazil, China, Italy, USA, and Great Britain
- holistic, creative and practical oriented study approach
- the possibility to combine the studies of architecture and interior architecture
- the possibility to specialise within a course of study, and develop your individual profile.