The high frequency engineering group belongs to the Institute Industrial IT - inIT of Technische Hochschule OWL. It concentrates mainly on the development of wire-based and wireless communication systems with an emphasis on the physical layer of the transport model.
- Coexistence Improvement of industrial wireless technologies with cognitive means.
- Characterization, simulation, and emulation of radio channels
- Customer specific developments of radio communication systems
covering the whole range from the antenna up to the digital interface.
Approaches based on WLAN, Bluetooth, ZigNee, NanoNet.
- Antenna developments and device integration.
- Investigation of device emission and radiation hazard of radio waves
- Radio network planning
- Feasability and simulation studies
- Development of prototypes
- Development assistance and specifications
- Measurements and characterization of devices and systems
- Simulation software (commercial and own developments)
- Anechoic chamber for antenna and EMC measurements (L 8 m, W 4 m, H 4.4 m), portable shielded unechoic test boxes
- 3D Radiation Patterns, OTA Test Site (over the air perfomance)
- Coaxial and planar measurements of scattering parameters up to 20 GHz. Single-ended and balanced measurements.
- Spectral measurements up to 26 GHz, up to 14 GHz in real time, up to 8 GHz EMI
- Bit error measurements up to 140 Mbit/s
- Noise measurements up to 26 GHz
- Emission measurements
- Time and frequency selective radio channel measurements
- Real-time radio channel emulation (300 MHz ... 6 GHz)
- Signal sources up to 26 GHz. E.g. Vector signal generator up to 6 GHz
We offer the following services:
More about our projects.