While technical systems are becoming more and more complex and at the same time increasingly important to society, there is a growing demand for well-educated engineers and computer scientists. The mission of our master’s degree program Information Technology is to provide the industrial perspective on IT.
Our central vision is an internet for smart machines where real-time information ist permanantly available in sufficient quality at all levels of automation systems. The master's program Information Technology prepares for all levels of leadership positions in science and industry.
In the master's program Information Technology, students develop an industrial perspective on IT in the following fields:
- distributed real-time systems,
- software engineering for embedded systems,
- wireless and wired real-time communication systems,
- IT security in embedded systems,
- real-time image processing and sensor fusion,
- modern control approaches and industrial development processes and strategies.
The contents of this degree program are based on the idea of an Internet for smart machines on which real-time information is permanently available in sufficient quality at all levels of automation systems.
Objectives and Contents of the Master’s Program Information Technology
What can you expect from our program?
Our master's program Information Technology is the right choice for students who wish to
- explore state-of-the-art and future technologies,
- acquire skills for developing advanced products and systems in the area of industrial information and communication technology,
- gain and explore theoretical and analytical competences for scientific work,
- be able to handle system-oriented analytical methods and tools,
- develop interdisciplinary thinking, team orientation and presentation skills,
- understand globally operating companies,
- work towards a Ph.D., if desired
The program offers excellent opportunities to
- gain hands-on experiences by participating in research projects,
- profit from excellent social student support services,
- get in contact with local enterprises,
- benefit from industrial scholarships,
- study in a small group
- study abroad at one of our partner universities (optional).
What are our special strengths?
- a choice between full-time and part-time study,
- the internationally acclaimed research institute InIT and the Fraunhofer IOSB-INA, which are both situated on campus in the science-to-business center CENTRUM INDUSTRIAL IT (CIIT)
- partnerships with market-leading companies,
- an excellent technical equipment,
- a high number of graduates participating in a Ph.D. program.
Due to the strong integration of scientific research in this master's program, students have access to interesting and challenging topics as part of a student activity as well as in the context of their master's thesis.
Students can enrol either full-time or part-time. Part-time students will attend the same scheduled courses as full-time students, but may complete the program at their own pace in 6 to 8 instead of 4 semesters. For engineers who wish to start a dual part-time program Information Technology offers a fabulous opportunity to combine science with on-the-job experience.
Topics: Electrical engineering, Computer science, Engineering sciences, Technology
Duration: 4 semester
Foreign semester: Optional
Credit points: 120 ECTS
Department: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Mode of study:
Cooperative study : Not a cooperative study
Course language: English
Chamber ability: No
Central Student Advisory Service