Support program and initiatives
On this page you will find some support programs and initiatives that will help you before your arrival in Germany as well as during your stay.
This page will be updated continuously. Feel free to check back regularly.
Support programs for guest researchers
- The Volkswagen Foundation has announced an aid program with a total budget of 5 million euros, which Ukrainian guest researchers can apply. Funding for 6-12 months is possible (1.500 Euro/month for PhD students, 2.100 Euro/month for Post Docs).
- Science for Ukraine
- Gerda Henkel Stiftung
- Information on the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) website
- Initiative for Refugee Scientists of the DFG
- Walter Benjamin program
- Philipp Schwartz-Initiative (until 18.03.2022)
- German Federal Environmental Foundation (Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt DBU): CEE special fellowship programme for Ukraine
- IIE Scholar rescue Fund
- SIM Card free of charge for refugees from Ukraine: Telekom offers SIM-cards free of charge for refugees from Ukraine. Further information can be found on the Telekom website.
Support programs for students
We support Ukrainian students – An initiative of German universities
- Scholarships through NRWege
- EPOS scholarship
- ICIR scholarship