Concerning the obligation to furnish proof
- From 1 August 2021, all travellers entering the country, irrespective of whether or not they spent time in a high-risk area or area of variants of concern, are obligated upon entry to present proof of the absence of infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (test result or proof of vaccination or recovery).
- Note: The stringent obligation for persons entering the country to undergo testing following a stay in an area of variants of concern remains in effect.
Obligation to register
- Even before entering Germany, you must carry out a digital registration on entry if, at any time in the ten days prior to your entry, you spent time in an area classified as a high-risk area or an area of variants of concern at the time of your entry. Please enter information on the places you stayed over the previous ten days via the www.einreiseanmeldung.de website. After filling in all of the necessary information, you will receive a PDF file as confirmation. Before transporting you to your destination, your carrier, as a rule, will check whether you are in possession of a confirmation. Otherwise, the carrier will not be allowed to take you.
- Should you, for want of the necessary technical equipment or because of a technical malfunction, be unable to carry out a digital registration on entry, you will be required alternatively to fill out a substitute registration on paper. Please refer to the substitute registration for information on where to submit it (e.g. on request, to the carrier or to the Federal Police). Where no request to present the substitute registration is made, you are required to either complete the Digital Registration on Entry at a later point or submit the completed substitute registration by post to the following address:
Deutsche Post E-POST Solutions GmbH, 69990 Mannheim
- You can find additional information on the obligation to register and exemptions in the FAQs on Digital Registration on Entry, the obligation to furnish proof and quarantine on entry.
You can find all detailed information on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health.
In the Infoportal TH OWL_Coronavirus, the TH OWL informs you about the current status of the coronavirus and the related impact on university operations.
In accordance with the latest Corona Protection Ordinance of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia dated August 17, 2021, data on the traceability of persons is no longer to be recorded. Therefore, the university will refrain from recording attendance on the premises of TH OWL with immediate effect. Corona tracing at TH OWL will be turned off.
If infection events or legal requirements make tracing necessary again, we will inform you in a timely manner.
In order to ensure that the return to presence operation can succeed, the TH OWL has made arrangements and regulations for the course of teaching and examination events in presence. All participants must show a valid 3G proof (Vaccinated, Tested, Convalescent) before the event. All three variants apply equally for admission to teaching events.
The announced legal bases makes it possible to return to attendance and are implemented at TH OWL as follows:
Teaching, examination and other events in the winter semester from September 27th, 2021
- As a rule, courses should be held as face-to-face courses.
- Your professors are currently in the process of updating the lecture timetables. Please refer to the website of your department for more information.
3G at TH OWL
- A 3G certificate is required for all teaching, examination and other events in attendance (e.g. also for study groups, working groups with students, etc.). Persons without proof must be excluded from the face-to-face events.
- During the examination period (September 13-24, 2021), the person responsible for the examination will check the 3G certificates in advance of the examination.
- From the beginning of the lecture period, during the first four weeks (27.09.-22.10.2021), there is a central control at clearly defined entrances by a commissioned security service. Other entrances may not be used.
Use of CovPass-App
- Please use the free CovPass app from the Robert Koch Institute to prove your 3G status and quickly organize access control.
- Vaccination certificates, recovery certificates and the test certificate can be read in the app (https://www.digitaler-impfnachweis-app.de/en).
- Please also have proof of identity (campus card, identity card, etc.) ready.
Distance regulations and mask requirement
- Participation in events is only permitted upon presentation of a 3G certificate.
- Students have to take a fixed seat that cannot be changed during the events.
- In the events, either a distance of 1.5 m between the participants or the wearing of a face mask is required.
- As already communicated, data collection for contact tracking is no longer necessary.
Every vaccination counts!
At this point we ask you warmly again: Get vaccinated! Through achieving the highest possible vaccination rate, we all work together to ensure that the winter semester can be carried out without restrictions as far as possible. If you have any questions about vaccination, please use the vaccination consultation (Link).