it is to be expected that the application process for a semester abroad in an overseas country will take longer and you should expect a preparation period of at least 9 months.
Therefore, the following are the approximate application deadlines for a place at a partner university
- For the following winter semester: 15 January
- For the following summer semester: July 1.
It is also worth asking the International Office about these deadlines.
The following documents must be submitted to the International Office in full and on time
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Application form partner universities overseas
- Motivations letter in English
- CV in English
- enrolment certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of your language skills* in the language of instruction (assessment test Ergebnis des Online Sprachangebots der TH OWL)
- Portfolio (only Fachbereich 1)
* Please note that other languages may be required when applying to the partner university.
Please email all documents in one PDF to internationaloffice(at)th-owl.de.
What happens next?
After you have submitted your application documents to the International Office, we can nominate you at the host university. Only then will you be able to apply to most host universities. At the same time, you must also observe the application deadlines at the host universities.
We will inform you about the status of your application approximately 2-4 weeks after the application deadline. If there are more applications than places at a partner university and your application for your 1st choice has not been successful, we will discuss alternatives with you. PDF by e-mail
In principle, the funding programs listed below are available. Some funding programs can be combined with each other. Please contact the International Office for information about the possible combinations.