- The Central Student Advisory Service is an institution independent of the departments and examination offices and offers advice and information throughout the entire student life cycle.
- We are available for your personal concerns and individual problems related to your studies, such as support in starting your studies, organizing your studies, or individual study and learning planning.
- Together, we can work out problem-solving strategies and, if necessary, give you pointers to further counseling and support services within and outside the university.
- We advise and support students who are interested in an exchange semester, an internship or a language course abroad
- International students are supported by the International Office during the transition to living and learning in Germany.
- We offer counseling appointments, language assistance, and international cultural events throughout the year.
- Our mission is to help students experience a semester abroad and to support foreign students in making OWL and TH OWL their second home.
- Advice on / preparation for
- Search strategies for internships and jobs
- Application documents
- Preparation for job interviews
- Strengths orientation
- Workshops and webinars on the topic of career entry
- Career Events
- Career Center: Search engine for internships and job offers and more
Learn effectively, gain understanding, master exams
Staying cool before the exam - How do I find my learning rhythm?
Skillfully convincing - rhetoric and body language
Presenting and visualizing
Writing workshop (in English and German)
Further demand-oriented offers
- S(kim) is the central point of contact at the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts for everything to do with IT, teaching & learning, media procurement and library services.
- As a central institution for teaching, studying and research, we combine the tasks of a media or data center and a center for teaching and learning.
- Our website is divided into four sections:
- News - Everyday information on maintenance, opening hours, literature purchases, IT security breaches and more.
- Documentation - Guides and instructions on our IT and library offerings for reference and setup.
- Services - Get insight into our full range of services for the university.
- Contact - Find out everything you need to know about our service points (points of contact), our opening hours and other communication channels to get in touch with us.
Good to know: Just in time for the start of the semester we have a Study Start Page with all our offers compiled for you. From the necessary IT equipment and library use to the preliminary courses and the study guide, you will find all the relevant information there - as a screencast, documentation and direct link.
We answer your questions about learning and organize learning groups for you.
Become part of the project agency - get involved in social interaction or environmental protection, for example.
We offer continuing education courses around key skills.
With us, you can put your knowledge into practice in interdisciplinary and practical projects. In addition, we network you with companies in the region.
We are available for all topics concerning the compatibility of studies and family.
We are happy to help you find childcare, answer questions about organizing your studies with a child or someone to care for, help with family emergencies during your studies, and arrange babysitters.
With us you will find: An understanding and confidential atmosphere of conversation.
Parent-child rooms, diaper-changing rooms and mobile play boxes are available for your use at all locations.
Marianne Langstrof und Britta Obermann
The General Student Committee (AStA) represents the student body of the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts externally. It consists of units that are involved in different areas of university life. For example, it offers discounted writing materials, organizes events and parties, and supports international students.