Skip to Content

Application and Enrollment

Das KIS-Portal - Ihr Weg zum Studienplatz

Alle Studieninteressierten, die sich für den Start eines Masterstudiums zum Sommersemester 2023 an der TH OWL entschieden haben, können das neue KIS-Portal nutzen. Ausgenommen davon sind Studierende die ihren Bachelorabschluss außerhalb der EU erworben haben. Diese internationalen Studieninteressierten müssen sich über uni-asisst für einen Studienplatz bewerben. Hier finden Sie darüber mehr Informationen.

Die Studienplatzbewerbung bietet Ihnen einen vereinfachten Bewerbungsprozess und Sie haben jederzeit die Möglichkeit, den Status Ihrer Bewerbung einzusehen.

Start your studies

You have found your desired degree program – and now?

You will find all the necessary information and helpful tips for your application and enrollment at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts on the following pages.

You will find out how the application and enrollment process works, what needs to be considered and who can help you with any questions.

You will also find an overview of all important dates and deadlines in connection with application and enrollment at the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts.


If you have any questions about enrollment and application or about the allocation of study places, leaves of absence and exmatriculation, please contact the Enrollment Office.
Please always use the general e-mail address of the Enrollment Office.

E-mail: immatrikulationsamt(at)
Application Hotline: +49 800 464 7695

Office hours: currently Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

General information about the application

What are the deadlines for an application?

The majority of degree programs at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts begin in the winter semester. Information on application deadlines for our bachelor's degree programs can be found under Dates and Deadlines. For an overview of the deadlines for Master's programs, please visit the page Application for a Master´s Program.

What requirements do I have to fulfill in order to apply for a degree program?

As a rule, you must have a university entrance qualification (Hochschulreife or Fachhochschulreife) to apply. You can obtain the general university entrance qualification with the Abitur. With the Fachabitur (subject-specific secondary school leaving certificate) you attain the university of applied sciences entrance qualification.

However, studying is also possible without a university entrance qualification! You can also start studying at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts if you can provide proof of completed vocational education and training followed by several years of professional experience.

What are admission-restricted and open admission degree programs?

Certain qualifications must be met in order to enroll in admission-restricted degree programs. The most common of these is the Numerus Clausus or NC. For open admission programs, every prospective student can directly apply and enroll online.

Options for admission

On the following pages, we will help you in a target-oriented way to apply and enroll at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts.

Information about the application for

Contact persons for questions regarding individual study programs

Do you have questions about a specific study program? You will find the overview of contact persons at the Enrollment Office here:

Contact persons

Apply and enroll online

You already know what you want to study and don't need any further information?

Here you can enroll or apply for our bachelor programs during the application period!

To enroll: open admission Bachelor's degree program

To apply:  admission-restricted Bachelor's degree program

You can apply for our Master's programs via our new KIS-Portal starting 17 November 2022.

Fequently asked questions

What should I pay attention to when applying? What rules are there for internships? We answer these and many other frequently asked questions in our FAQ about application and enrollment at the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts:



Are you looking for admissions applications, the exmatriculation application or the application for a leave of absence?

All forms of the Enrollment Office

Dates and deadlines

Winter semester, summer semester or the time period for re-registration – the most important dates and deadlines you will find here:

Overview dates and deadlines

Semester dues

There are no tuition fees at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts, but there are semester dues. These must be paid before enrollment. You are enrolled as soon as all required documents have been submitted to the university and the semester dues have been credited to the account of the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts. By paying the semester dues, you also re-register for the next semester.

Information about the semester dues