Skip to Content

Application for refugees

Paths to study

If you completed your school or your studies in a land outside the EU, you have to aplly via uni-assist. Uni-assist evaluates your certificates forwards your application to OWL University of Apllied Sciences and Arts. For enrollment, you must prove that you have passed the B2 language certificate (eg certificate B2 in the form of DSH 1 or TestDaF, telc B2 or Goethe-Institut B2).

Important: All Bachelor programs start in the 1st semester only in September.

A study start in a higher semester is also possible for the summer semester (study start in March). The condition is that benefits from an already started study can be recognized. In both cases, an application for admission must be addressed to the uni-assist.

Deadline for Admissions

Please hand in your application at uni-assist for the winter term between 15th April and 15th June each year.

For the summer term you have to submit your application for a higher semester between 15th october and 15th december.


What does enrollment mean?

If you enroll at the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts, you will receive the status as a student. Prerequisite for the enrollment is the payment of the semester fee. The semester fee includes the semester ticket (for the use of buses and trains) for the state of North Rhine-Westphalia as well as the services of the student union and the representation of the student body (AStA). Further information about the semester fee can be found here:

semester fee