You already studied at another university and now want to transfer to the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts? Or you were already enrolled with us before and had to interrupt your studies?
You are eligible to apply for enrollment in a higher semester if:
- You would like to transfer from another university of applied sciences to the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts,
- You were previously enrolled in another degree program and would like to be enrolled in a higher study semester of a degree program at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts,
- You were previously enrolled in the chosen degree program and would like to resume your studies after an interruption (e.g. due to parental leave, illness, occupation).
Enrollment in your desired degree program is only possible if you can be admitted to a higher semester based on creditable examination achievements. The confirmation of placement in a higher semester is issued by the examination board of the respective department of the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
Applicants from non-EU countries who have not acquired a German university entrance qualification must apply via the uni-assist university service portal by February 15 of each year.
In some degree programs, you may have to expect admission restrictions and cutoff periods for your application, even in higher semesters. This means that it may not be possible for you to be offered a study place at the desired date, and that it may therefore not be possible for you to change universities or degree programs.
The application for subject and location changers from the EU runs via the KIS portal, the new campus management system of the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts:
Information for applicants can be found on the landing page "Campus Management".
- Summer semester: October 1 to March 15
- Winter semester: April 1 to September 15