This Bachelor's degree program conveys knowledge on industrial applied biotechnology. This includes, for instance, manufacturing pharmaceutical products (red biotechnology) and industrial manufacturing of fine chemicals and mass-produced products (white biotechnology).
From medications to detergents, creams, foods and paper manufacturing – we use biotechnology products every day. The job of a biotechnologist is to search for new active ingredients and better production processes and materials. To do so, they use organisms, cells and enzymes in a variety of technical applications. Students will work in a variety of areas within biotechnology, such as microbiology, chemistry and engineering.
Graduates will be qualified for careers in the following areas:
- Research and development
- Process optimization and process engineering project management
- Biotechnology production and production monitoring
- Quality management and product controlling
- System and laboratory equipment construction
- Product management
- Measurement and control technology
- Environmental technology
- Analysis in monitoring agencies as well as in the food and cosmetics industry
Abitur exam / vocational baccalaureate diploma (Fachabitur)
Internship semester possible
The standard program length is six semesters, or seven semesters including an internship semester (210 credit points)
For more information about the program, visit the "What is Biotechnology?" website.