As an interdisciplinary degree program, the Industrial Engineering and Management program combines engineering and business content.
Industrial engineers are in-demand specialists who work predominantly in industrial companies. They take on specialist and management tasks in production and production-related areas such as work scheduling, quality management, production controlling, logistics or industrial engineering. They also work in project and product management, technical sales or procurement. The degree program is characterized by a high degree of practical orientation. This is ensured through laboratory internships, simulation games, continuous case studies and specialized lectures.
Graduates are offered excellent career prospects in manufacturing companies. They assume responsibility in various areas: production, logistics, production controlling, project management, work scheduling, production planning, quality management, procurement or technical sales.
The ability of industrial engineers to take equal account of technical, organizational, logistical and business aspects makes them ideally suited to take on management tasks in companies.
- Subject-related Certificate of Higher Education Entrance Qualification (Fachabitur) / General Certificate of Higher Education Entrance Qualification (Abitur) or a qualification recognized as equivalent (master craftsman).
- Six-week internship each in "Business" and "Engineering", which can be completed by the end of the 3rd semester.
- Detailed information about the entrance requirements can be found here.
For a study start in the winter semester 2021/2022:
- until 15th october 2021
Two of the following three specializations are to be chosen:
- Production Management / Industrial Engineering (with the modules Factory Planning, Logistics Systems and Production Systems)
- Product Management / Systems Engineering (with the modules Product Management & Sales, Systems Engineering, Product Life Cycle Management)
- Plant Maintenance Management / Service Engineering (with the modules Plant Maintenance Management I and II as well as Service Engineering)
Basic Study Stage
- Fundamentals of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Fundamentals of Business Administration
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
Main Study Stage
- Integrated specialized modules of industrial engineering
- Choice of two out of three specializations (VT):
VT1 Plant Maintenance Management / Service Engineering
VT2 Production Management / Industrial Engineering
VT3 Product Management / Systems Engineering
- Bachelor thesis with colloquium
Topics: Computer science, Engineering sciences, Production and Wood engineering, Technology, Economy
Duration: 6 semester
Foreign semester: Not required
Credit points: 180 ECTS
Department: Production and Wood engineering
Mode of study:
Cooperative study : Cooperative study
Course language: German
Central Student Advisory Service
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English