NOTE: The new degree program "Logistics Management" is the successor of the discontinued degree program "International Logistics"!
The degree program is practice-oriented and imparts in-depth knowledge of economics with a focus on global value chains. Based on the business analysis of logistics processes, the special features of the worldwide procurement and distribution of goods, intercultural aspects and the special framework conditions for international trade are addressed. In the application portal, please select the degree program "B.Sc. Logistics Management".
In addition to a thorough knowledge of economics and logistics, students gain selected competencies that prepare them for specialist and management tasks in internationally operating companies. The content of the modules is aligned with each other and covers the entire process chain - from international procurement to production and global distribution.
The courses are divided into lectures, business games, exercises and case studies. In the lectures, basic contents are taught, which are taken up and expanded upon in the exercises. Business games are interactive simulations in which students work independently in small groups to make well-founded logistics decisions and directly experience the effects of their decisions on "their" company, the competitive situation or market developments. With the help of case studies, they work through realistic issues in international logistics. Working in a team promotes the willingness to compromise, empathy and communication skills. In addition, students independently develop and present their own solutions, reflecting on their approach. Both of these activities extend and strengthen methodological competence.
The degree program, with its generalist structure, offers career prospects in numerous areas of logistics. Graduates are qualified for jobs in industry, trade or logistics services:
- Global purchasing / Procurement management
- Global sales / Distribution
- Logistics project management
- Logistics controlling
- Assistant to the management
- Marketing / Customer service
- Internal or external management consulting
- Public administration (senior civil service)
Successful completion of the bachelor's program qualifies the student for further master's studies at our university or at another university. The consecutive and bilingual master's program in International Logistics Management at the TH OWL is an excellent continuation option.
- Subject-related Higher Education Entrance Qualification / General Higher Education Entrance Qualification or a qualification recognized as equivalent
- Six-week internship in the field of logistics, which can be completed by the end of the 3rd semester. Relevant completed vocational trainings can be credited.
- Detailed information on the admission requirements can be found here.
For a study start in the winter semester 2021/2022:
- until 15th october 2021
Study focus areas are:
- Global procurement / purchasing
- International transportation and distribution of goods
- Intercultural aspects as well as the special framework conditions for international trade
The program consists of six semesters: The first part of the program focuses on the fundamentals of logistics and the business analysis of logistics processes (e.g. marketing, cost accounting, mathematics, statistics, production management). The main course of study focuses in particular on the core logistics content of procurement and distribution as well as the international framework conditions of logistics. In the sixth semester, the bachelor thesis is written and defended in a colloquium.
Topics: Current: New study courses, Economy, Management, Construct and Design
Duration: 6 semester
Foreign semester: Optional
Credit points: 180 ECTS
Department: Business sciences
Mode of study:
Cooperative study : Not a cooperative study
Course language: German/English
Central Student Advisory Service