Master’s program in Interior Architecture – Spatial Arts
The consecutive, two-semester Master’s program in Interior Architecture – Spatial Arts offers students the opportunity to deepen their artistic, design, planning, organizational, and academic methodology expertise.
All graduates with a Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture may apply. If students have completed a six or seven semester Bachelor’s degree program, then they will take an additional one to two semesters of supplementary courses to prepare them for the Master’s program.
Students formulate an “initial question” based on their expertise from their Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture, alongside their personal interests and career plans. This self-selected topic will then form the thematic foundation for their Master’s program. Master's students will gain an individualized profile of expertise which qualifies them to apply for positions in a wide range of professional fields. They will deal with topics like innovation development, digital media design and new technical possibilities in materials, product and furniture development.
Graduates will be qualified for careers in the following areas:
- Interior and spatial design for residential, work, recreational, spa and sports, eduction and teaching, and health and nursing environments
- Development and production of furnishings and equipment for both private and public use
- Conceptualizing and designing temporary spaces for brand launches, exhibitions, trade fairs, show rooms, events, theater, film and television
- Planning, organization and management of construction work and design processes
- Developing and designing spatially informed communication processes for companies, institutions and associations
- Designing virtual worlds by using CAD, web design and multimedia design
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Cover letter
- Own technical question
- Successful initial interview
Here you can find information on the selection procedure (for all EU applicants).
Students select own focus areas
Structure and Contents of the Degree Program
The degree program is organize and managed by coordinators and/or mentors. The project and thesis are divided into different phases during the program.