Production Engineering and Management
International course of studies with a double degree in the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts (Master of Science ( M.Sc.)) and the Università degli Studi di Trieste (Laurea magistrale (LM)). Students acquire the necessary technical and economical knowledge to be professionals and executives in internationally operating companies.
Medium-sized, manufacturing companies are increasing their international activities. Executives, as well as qualified professionals, must therefore be able to operate in this environment and make strategic decisions. The international master's program starts here and trains technically oriented specialists and managers for medium-sized, manufacturing companies (SMEs).
The focus of this Master's program is in the manufacturing industry, such as the wood industry, but also in the field of metal and plastics processing. Professors impart the students, both technological competence as well as business management, logistical and process-oriented knowledge. In addition, they acquire skills along the operational value chain in the areas of product development, technology, organization, logistics, information technology and business administration. Internationally required key qualifications are integrative and additively included.
Graduates have career prospects as technically oriented specialists and executives in internationally operating medium-sized manufacturing companies.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma with the overall grade of 3.0 or better.
- A start to the summer semester is only possible for German speaking students.
- Detailed information on the entry requirements can be found here.
- Applicants from Germany and EU countries:
Winter semester: 01.04. to 15.07.
Summer semester: 01.10. to 15.01.
- Applicants from non-EU countries:
Winter semester: to 30.04.
The study course consists of four semesters and is structured as follows:
- Semester 1 (Location Lemgo): Subject modules in German or English language and elective module (Advanced Business English and / or International Management Skills) from the area of "International Competences"
- Semester 2 (Location Pordenone, Italy): five Mandatory modules emphasize in Planning, Control and Operations Management
- Semester 3 (Location Lemgo): six subjects from the elective modules
- Semester 4 (Location Lemgo or Pordenone): two compulsory modules and thesis
Topics: Engineering sciences, Mechanical engineering, Production and Wood engineering, Technology, Economy, Management
Duration: 4 semester
Foreign semester: Obligation
Credit points: 120 ECTS
Department: Production and Wood engineering
Mode of study:
Cooperative study : Not a cooperative study
Course language: German/English
Central Student Advisory Service