Sustainable Landscape Design and Development
The master’s program focuses on landscape design and development, addressing social, ecological and aesthetic dimensions in an integrated way. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the first semester courses of the Sustainable Landscape Design and Development Master’s Program starting fall 2021 will take place online!
In the first two semesters you will deepen your understanding in sustainable design and development through compulsory* (1st semester) and elective** (2nd semester) courses. It is an intensive “on campus” year with additional projects and excursion modules (Extra Muros). The 3rd semester consists of an internship and will help you to gain practical experience in authentic working environments. In the 4th semester you will complete your master thesis for graduation.
You have expertise in designing and planning cities and territories and want to focus on sustainable open space and landscape design and development.
Information about the application process can be found on this page.
The study program with its holistic view of a broad spectrum of aspects of sustainable design and development of open spaces and landscapes refers to the requirements of the existing job market, but also addresses new emerging professional fields. It focusses on the challenges of the 21st century, the UN SDG and their principles provide the framework of the program´s content.
- Human-centered Open Space Planning and Design *
- Sustainable Planting Design *
- Landscape and Regional Planning in Germany *
- Quality in Detailed Design *
- Extra Muros 1 *
- Urban Landscape Project *
- Infrastructural Landscapes **
- Planning Ahead: Development through Maintenance **
- Participatory Landscape Development and Design **
- Sustainable Landscape Architecture **
- International Urban Landscapes **
- User-oriented Open Space Development **
- Extra Muros 2 *
- Landscape Planning and Development Project *
* = compulsory course / ** = elective course
- Master Thesis
- Colloquium (oral examination)
Topics: Current: New study courses, Nature protection and Environment
Duration: 4 semester
Foreign semester: Optional
Credit points: 180 ECTS
Department: Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning
Mode of study:
Cooperative study : Not a cooperative study
Course language: English
Central Student Advisory Service