The application deadlines for studies in the winter semester 2023/2024 at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences and Arts have expired. For all those who are not yet starting their studies in the coming winter semester, there are a variety of opportunities to best prepare for the start of studies in the upcoming year.
Our website is still available to provide you with comprehensive information about our study models and 55 exciting degree programs. Here you will also find an overview of our advisory services and support options to help you plan your studies at the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences in the best possible way.
Another highlight you can look forward to is our University Information Days. On January 24 and 25, 2024, we will open our doors to you to provide insights into studying at our three campuses in Detmold, Lemgo and Höxter. Take advantage of this opportunity to attend informative lectures and gain your first impressions in exciting taster lectures.
We will be happy to answer your questions and provide support at any time. Stay up to date by visiting our website regularly, and get excited about the many opportunities our university has to offer.
See you in January 2024!
Our degree program finder will help you make your choice. Start by choosing your interests. We have divided our range of studies for you into the following areas of interest:
- Design and Create
- Food and Health
- Teaching Profession
- Media and Computer Science
- Planning and Construction
- Technology and Engineering
- Environment and Energy
- Business and Management
You already know what you would like to study? Our degree program offers sorted by access and admission:
- Kreativ Campus Detmold
- Innovation Campus Lemgo
- Sustainable Campus Höxter
- BildungsCampus Herford
- RailCampus OWL Minden
At our location in Detmold you have the choice between these degree programs:
Department Detmold School of Design
- Architecture (Bachelor)
- Architecture (part-time) (Bachelor)
- Interior Architecture (Bachelor)
- Interior Architecture (part-time) (Bachelor)
- Interior Architecture – Spatial Arts (Master)
- Integrated Architectural Design (Master)
- Integrated Design (Master)
- Urban Planning (Bachelor)
- Urban Development NRW (Master)
Department Media Production
Department Civil Engineering
During the upcoming fall break, upper secondary school students will have the opportunity to learn more about their desired course of study and gain insights into university life during a "Schnupperstudium" at TH OWL. Together with the students, the prospective students will take part in the regular lectures from October 9 to 13, 2023, and receive first-hand information about everyday life at the university.
Registrations are possible until October 1, 2023.
Kreativ Campus Detmold
Innovation Campus Lemgo
Sustainable Campus Höxter
- You can apply for our admission-free Bachelor´s degree programs from May 2 to October 15, 2023 via our KIS portal!
- The application period for our admission-restricted Bachelor´s degree programs starts on May 2, 2023. The application is processed via the application portal of hochschulstart.de.
- You can apply for our Master´s degree programs from May 2, 2023 via our KIS portal! The exact application periods of the respective degree programs are indicated in this table.
- Start of the winter semester is September 1, 2023.
- Start of lectures is September 25, 2023.
- The official central first semester welcome will take place on September 25, 2023 at 10 am at our locations in Detmold, Lemgo and Höxter. All information can be found on our Start of Studies page.
- Take a look at the degree programs and study models offered by TH OWL.
- Get to know TH OWL and its locations!
- Take advantage of the services offered by our Central Student Advisory Service for prospective students.
- You are uncertain which degree program suits you? Our Central Student Advisory Service will be happy to advise you in a personal meeting.
- Find out whether admission to the degree program is unrestricted or restricted (NC) and check in advance whether a subject-related basic internship is required before you begin your studies. You can find information about this on the respective degree program page in the degree program finder and in our FAQ.
- Answers to frequently asked questions you will find in our FAQ
- All services including the Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB) and the Registrar´s Office are always available for you. The respective office hours of ZSB and the contact options of the Registrar´s Office are linked.
- There are also numerous offers for prospective students. Click here for the offers.
- Preparatory courses in the areas of math, physics and languages provide optimal preparation for your studies.
You did it! You successfully enrolled for your desired degree program at TH OWL!
The official central first semester welcome ceremony will take place on September 25, 2023 at 10 a.m. at our locations in Detmold, Lemgo and Höxter. You will find more information about the first semester welcome in the coming weeks on the website for the start of studies. There you will also find many helpful tips on how to start your studies: