Apply now to study at the OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts (TH OWL) for the winter semester 2022/2023! All dates and deadlines can be found on this page at a glance.
You have your high school diploma in your pocket and would now like to start studying? Or have you completed your training and would like to deepen your knowledge by studying? With us, you can choose from over 55 bachelor's and master's degree programs! You want to combine training and studies? This is also possible with our dual study programs!
Under the following links you will find overviews of our degree programs:
At our location in Detmold you have the choice between these degree programs:
Department Detmold School of Architecture and Interior Architecture
Architecture (part-time) (Bachelor)
Interior Architecture (Bachelor)
Interior Architecture (part-time) (Bachelor)
Interior Architecture – Spatial Arts (Master)
Integrated Architectural Design (Master)
Integrated Design (Master)
Urban Planning (Bachelor)
Urban development NRW (Master)
Department Media Production
- Media Production (Bachelor)
- Media Production (Master)
Department Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering (Bachelor)
Civil Engineering (dual) (Bachelor)
Infrastructure Management – Water and Traffic (Master)
Structural Engineering and Digital Construction Processes (Master)
Kreativ Campus Detmold
Innovation Campus Lemgo
Sustainable Campus Höxter
... for starting your studies at TH OWL. Here are some of them:
- All services including the Central Student Advisory Service (ZSB) and the Enrollment Office are always available for you. The respective office hours of the ZSB and the contact details of the Enrollment Office are linked.
- There are also numerous offers for prospective students. Click here for the offers.
- Pre-courses in the areas of math, physics and languages prepare you optimally for your studies.
- We have not only offered online teaching formats and exams since the past online semesters, but have also been offering digital concepts such as eLearning and online exams for several years.
- Our students are very satisfied! This is confirmed by the regularly positive evaluations, for example at the online evaluation portal StudyCHECK or the CHE university ranking.
- From April 15, 2022 to August 15, 2022, you can enroll directly for our open-admission bachelor's degree programs.
- From April 25, 2022 to July 15, 2022, applications are possible for our Bachelor's degree programs with restricted admission.
- Prospective students can apply online for our Master's programs since April 1, 2022. The exact application periods for the respective study programs are listed in this table.
Good to know:
- You can access the application portal via the link on the respective study program page.
- The start of the winter semester is September 1, 2022.
- The start of classes for the winter semester 2022/2023 is September 19, 2022.
- The central freshman welcome ceremony will also be held on September 19, 2022.
- Take a look at the degree programs offered by TH OWL.
- Get to know TH OWL and its locations!
- Take advantage of the services offered by our Central Student Advisory Service for prospective students.
- You are uncertain which degree program suits you? Our Central Student Advisory Service will be happy to advise you in a personal meeting.
- Find out whether admission to the degree program is unrestricted or restricted (NC) and check in advance whether a subject-related basic internship is required before you begin your studies. You can find information about this on the respective degree program page in the degree program finder and in our FAQ.
You did it! You have successfully enrolled for your desired degree program at TH OWL!
And you can already make a note of this date in your calendar: Starting on September 19, 2022, the Central Freshman Welcome Ceremonies will take place at our three locations for all first-semester students who will begin their studies at TH OWL in the winter semester 2022/2023! More information will follow in the next few weeks. So, save the date!
If you have general questions, please contact the Central Student Advisory Service:
And if you have any questions regarding application and enrollment, please contact the Enrollment Office: