- –Wege ins Ausland
- –Studium im Ausland
- Ins Ausland mit Erasmus+
- Ins Ausland als Freemover
- Anerkennung von Leistungen
- –Praktikum im Ausland+
- –Forschung & Lehre im Ausland+
- Sprachen Lernen
- Termine und Beratung
- –Studium im Ausland
- –Internationale Studierende
- –Studium und Bewerbung+
- Incoming Staff
- Wohnen & Leben
Current Information on Coronavirus
OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts (TH OWL) has created a site specifically to inform students and staff on the current status of the coronavirus. The Presidium has set up a Corona Action Team, which coordinates the preventive measures at TH OWL, and is in regular contact with the health authorities. You will be informed about current team decisions through the following link.
Since the page is offered in German, we have collected specific information in English that is most relevant for our international students. For complete information, please visit the official site.
Current Information: March 16th as of 10:00am
- OWL University of Applied Sceinces and Arts (TH OWL) has postponed the start of the summer semester at its three campus locations. The beginning of the summer semester is postponed to April 20, 2020.
- The postponement applies to all universities in NRW and is based on a decision by the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of NRW. The goal is to slow the spread of the corona virus.
- If you´re returning, or coming to Germany, and have traveled to a risk area, please observe a 14 day quarantine period before visiting campus.
- Due to concerns about the further spread of the corona virus, Germany has largely closed its borders; only commuters and goods can continue to cross the borders freely.
- The federal government generally advises against traveling abroad, so far politicians have advised against traveling to regions that the Robert Koch Institute has identified as risk areas.
- The March examination period has been been postponed and will not take place in March as planned!
Please note: Examinations in the form of submissions or theses must be submitted in accordance with the examination schedule at the time specified. The delivery can be made by post or by delivery to the known locations, if possible also in digital form. In the event of illness, the procedure must be coordinated with the relevant examination office.
TH OWL students have received further information by Email.
As of Sunday, 15.03.2020, the region of Lippe has received 55 reported cases of the Coronavirus. As of Monday 16.03.2020, the state of NRW has ordred the closure of most freetime acitivies. This means, fittnes studios, bars, dance halls (Clubs, Discos), and movie theaters are currently closed. Restaurants have been ordered to reduce crowds, and most offer only take-out or pick-up offerings. All events of 50 or more people have been cancelled.
Grocery stores are currently open.
To contact the TH OWL Corona Action Team, please send an email to gesundheitsschutz(at)th-owl.de
For Information on latest news within Germany and in the regions of Lemgo and Höxter please visit the following sites
Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt)
Kreis Lippe (only in German)
Kreis Höxter (only in German)
If you have any questions regarding your travel to TH OWL, or your current semester abroad, please contact us at internationaloffice(at)th-owl.de.
The International Office wishes you all the best and good health in during these times.