Information Technology (Teilzeit)
As technical systems are becoming more and more complex and at the same time increasingly important to society, there is a growing demand for well-educated engineers and computer scientists. The mission of our Master’s degree program Information Technology is to provide the industrial perspective on IT.
As technical systems are becoming more and more complex and at the same time increasingly important to society, there is a growing demand for well-educated engineers and computer scientists. The mission of our Master’s degree program Information Technology is to provide the industrial perspective on IT in the following fields: intelligent technical systems, distributed real-time systems, software engineering for embedded systems, wireless and wired real-time communication systems, IT security in embedded systems, real-time image processing and information fusion and innovation and development strategies. Our central vision is an internet for smart machines on which real-time information is permanently available in sufficient quality at all levels of automation systems.The Master’s program Information Technology prepares for leadership positions in science and industry.
In the Master's program Information Technology, students develop an industrial perspective on IT in the following fields:
- distributed real-time systems,
- software engineering for embedded systems,
- wireless and wired real-time communication systems,
- IT security in embedded systems,
- real-time image processing and sensor fusion,
- modern control approaches and industrial development processes and strategies.
The contents of this degree program are based on the idea of an Internet for smart machines on which real-time information is permanently available in sufficient quality at all levels of automation systems.
Objectives and Contents of the Master’s Program Information Technology
What can you expect from our program?
Our Master's program Information Technology is the right choice for students who wish to
- explore state-of-the-art and future technologies,
- acquire skills for developing advanced products and systems in the area of industrial information and communication technology,
- gain and explore theoretical and analytical competences for scientific work,
- be able to handle system-oriented analytical methods and tools,
- develop interdisciplinary thinking, team orientation and presentation skills,
- understand globally operating companies,
- work towards a Ph.D., if desired
The program offers excellent opportunities to
- gain hands-on experiences by participating in research projects,
- profit from excellent social student support services,
- get in contact with local enterprises,
- benefit from industrial scholarships,
- in a small group
- study abroad at one of our partner universities (optional).
What are our special strengths?
- a choice between full-time and part-time study,
- the internationally acclaimed research institute InIT and the Fraunhofer IOSB-INA, which are both situated on campus in the science-to-business center CENTRUM INDUSTRIAL IT (CIIT)
- partnerships with market-leading companies,
- an excellent technical equipment,
- a high number of graduates participating in a Ph.D. program.
Due to the strong integration of scientific research in this master's program, students have access to interesting and challenging topics as part of a student activity as well as in the context of their Master's Thesis.
1) Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mechatronics or another closely related field of study. Attention: Non-EU applicants who request admission to Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences are subject to special requirements.
2) Evidence of a final German examination grade of 2.5 (German grade 'gut') or better. If this overall grade is not achieved, the aptitude can be determined by the Admission Committee if the overall picture of the application meets the expectations of a technically successful study performance in this Master’s program. For this purpose, a personal interview with the Admission Committee takes place. The Examination Board appoints the Admission Committee from among the professorial members of the Examination Board and the lecturers of the master’s program.
3) An excellent command of the English language proven by one of the following alternatives:
- evidence of at least 7 years of language classes at an institution of general education; as a general rule, performances should at least have been assessed as 'befriedigend' (3.0) in the last 2 years of classes. This is only applicable to European applicants.
- Bachelor's degree received in Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America,
- a German Bachelor's degree that has been accredited as English-speaking,
- the TOEFL test with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based, IBT),
- the Cambridge ESOL Certificate (CPE / CAE with a minimum grade of B; FCE with a minimum grade of A),
- IELTS with a minimum grade of 6.5,
- evidence of at least one professional year spent in an English-speaking country (Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America).
FaktencheckStudium Thema Informatik, Ingenieurwissenschaften, Technik
Dauer: 6 Semester
Creditpoints: 120 ECTS
Duales Studium: nicht möglich
+49 5261 702 2535
Schwerpunkte / Vertiefungen
Students can enrol either full-time or part-time. Part-time students will attend the same scheduled courses as full-time students, but may complete the program at their own pace in 6 to 8 instead of 4 semesters. For engineers who wish to start a dual part-time program Information Technology offers a fabulous opportunity to combine science with on-the-job experience.