International Logistics Management
Practical learning combined with scientific methods and tools promote your knowledge and skills to manage complex leadership challenges in international logistics. The course focuses on typical strategic challenges, structures and processes in international companies.
Have you successfully completed a Logistics oriented Bachelor study course? Then prepare for your next career move with our consecutive and bilingual (English / German) master study course “International Logistics Management”.
The M.Sc. in “International Logistics Management” further enhances the commercial management of international supply chains in industry and trade. The course focuses on typical strategic challenges, structures and processes in international companies.
By successfully completing the master course, you earn 120 ECTS (standard track: four semesters) or 90 ECTS (fast track: three semesters). Both problem-oriented and practical learning combined with scientific methods and tools promote your knowledge and skills to manage complex leadership challenges in international logistics. By this means, you are ideally qualified to meet the international market needs.
The courses apply a mixture of lecture courses, business games / simulations, tutorials and case studies. Lecture courses teach fundamentals, whereas business games / simulations, seminars and tutorials serve to critically discuss relevant issues and hypotheses. Guest lectures and workshops with external international practitioners help to embed current relevant topics and solutions in the study course. Our master study programme is a full-time course and requires your active participation, e.g. in developing creative solutions in practical projects or case studies.
Working in project and seminar teams, you will boost your intercultural and interpersonal skills. In other learning situations, you will develop and present your own individual solutions and systematically reflect and assess your approaches. Thus, you will improve your methodological skills.
„International Logistics Management“ in Lemgo qualifies you both professionally and personally for your further career.
After successfully completing the study course, you will receive the academic degree "Master of Science". The M.Sc. in “International Logistics Management” prepares you for management functions in companies with a strong international import / export orientation.
Possible job perspectives in industry, retail or logistics service providing are as diverse as the study course, e.g.:
- Strategic Purchaser Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Controller
- Demand Manager
- General Manager / Branch Manager
- Key Account Manager
- In-house Consultant / Business Consultant
- Public Authorities Manager
- Research Assistant at a university / research institute
The first requirement for admission is a secondary education (or equivalent) leading to a university entrance qualification (criterion 1).
The second requirement is a certificate of your successful bachelor degree (or “Diplomprüfung” if applicable) in a logistics related study course with at least 180 ECTS (6 semesters or more). In addition, other study courses may apply, if they are substantially similar. This means that your degree course needs to have covered the listed minimum credits in the following areas (criterion 2):
• Core modules in logistics / supply chain management: at least 30 ECTS
• Business / management modules: at least 20 ECTS
• Quantitative Methods, information technology and empirical research: at least 20 ECTS
• International Aspects (e.g. law, social sciences, international economics, English: at least 20 ECTS
• In total: at least 180 ECTS
You have achieved a bachelor (or Diplom) degree with at least an ECTS-grade of C (criterion 3). In case the university awarding the degree doesn’t assign ECTS-grades and there are no other clear indications of how your grades relate to all graduates, the overall grade must be at least 2,5 or better (German scale).
Finally, you need a certificate proving an adequate skill of Business English (criterion 4) at level B2 (e.g. TOEFL, FCE or comparable).
Depending on the total ECTS of your completed bachelor course, there are four alternative tracks to the consecutive master course (see examination regulations for further details):
• Track 1 (Standard track, four semesters): If your bachelor degree course awarded a total of 180 ECTS, you either acquire 30 ECTS via an internship (a) or by completing suitable complementary bachelor or master modules in Lemgo.
• Track 2 (Fast track, three semesters): If you already completed suitable optional courses to your six-semester bachelor awarding an additional 30 ECTS, you may start directly with the second master semester modules.
• Track 3 (Fast track, three semesters): In certain cases, relevant professional experience after a successfully completed bachelor study course may be accepted as an alternative to the internship (see path 1), and you may start directly with the second master semester modules.
• Track 4 (Fast track, three semesters): If you have successfully completed a seven-semester bachelor with 210 ECTS meeting the requirements of criterion 3), you may start directly with the second master semester modules.
ECTS gained at other universities need to be approved case-by-case by the examination board, based on a recommendation by the corresponding subject lecturer / professor. (See examination regulations for further details)
Themen: Wirtschaft, Management
Dauer: 4 Semester
Creditpoints: 120 ECTS
Duales Studium: möglich
Zulassung benötigt (nc)
The study course consists of four semesters (standard track) or three semesters (fast track). Next to core modules in strategic global logistics you may choose from several general management modules. Your master thesis covers the last semester.