Sustainable Landscape Design and Development
NOTE: The study programme is currently undergoing accreditation!
In the first two semesters you will deepen your understanding in sustainable design and development through compulsory* (1st semester) and elective** (2nd semester) courses. It is an intensive “on campus” year with additional projects and excursion modules (Extra Muros). The 3rd semester consists of an internship and will help you to gain practical experience in authentic working environments. In the 4th semester you will complete your master thesis for graduation.
You have expertise in designing and planning cities and territories and want to focus on sustainable open space and landscape design and development.
Application Process (see specific Master’s Examination Regulations)
The study program with its holistic view of a broad spectrum of aspects of sustainable design and development of open spaces and landscapes refers to the requirements of the existing job market, but also addresses new emerging professional fields. It focusses on the challenges of the 21st century, the UN SDG and their principles provide the framework of the program´s content.
- Human-centered Open Space Planning and Design *
- Sustainable Planting Design *
- Landscape and Regional Planning in Germany *
- Quality in Detailed Design *
- Extra Muros 1 *
- Urban Landscape Project *
- Challenges of Open Space Planning in the Development of Technical Infrastructure **
- Planning Ahead: Development through Maintenance **
- Participatory Landscape Development and Design **
- Sustainable Landscape Architecture **
- International Urban Landscapes **
- User-oriented Open Space Development **
- Extra Muros 2 *
- Landscape Planning and Development Project *
* = compulsory course / ** = elective course
- Master Thesis
- Colloquium (oral examination)
Themen: Aktuell: Neue Studiengänge ab 2020, Naturschutz und Umwelt
Dauer: 4 Semester
Creditpoints: 180 ECTS
Fachbereich: Landschaftsarchitektur und Umweltplanung
Duales Studium: nicht möglich
Evalag (Accreditation pending)